View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Chapter Six   Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:10 am

Chapter 6

(6 days after the shooting)

Elizabeth’s Room @ GH:

“Oh, I have to call your grandmother and great-grandfather”, Kate said.  “They’ll be ecstatic and come right away”.  “They never gave up hope that we’d find you Elizabeth”.

“Call them and let them know that I’ll send the jet”, Sonny said.

“Senator Falconeri’s office”; Mona speaking.

“Mona”, its Kate.  “Is my mom available”, Kate asked?

“Kate, I’ll put you right through”, Mona said.

“Hello Katie, how are you”, Alexandra asked her daughter?

“Mom, I have some news, but I need you to conference grandpa in please”, Kate said.

“Hang on sweetheart, your grandfather just walked in, I put you on speaker”, Alex said.

“Grandpa”, Kate said.

“Granddaughter”, Harrison said.

“We found Melanie”, Kate said.  “But now her name is Elizabeth”.  “You need to come”, she told her mom and grandfather.

“You found our Melly”, Harrison asked?

“Yes, and we have more to tell you but, it would be better to say it in person”.  “Sonny is sending the jet for you”, Kate said.

“Sonny said that it will be there in DC in an hour”, Kate told them.

“We’ll be at the airport waiting”, Harrison said then hung up.

“It’s still hard for me to believe mom and grandpa live in DC most of the time”, Kate said to all of them.  “But since dad died, mom got tired of that big house”.

Corinthos/Morgan Jet- 1 ½ hours later:

As the plane traversed from DC to PC; each of its two passengers were lost in thought; each thinking about the ramifications of Melanie being found.

This had to be somewhat unusual for Kate, her daughter was 19 now.  Kate had missed out on all of the little milestones of Melanie’s life.  Would her daughter even want her mother in her life, Alexandra thought to herself?

Who could have had my great grandbaby?  And why did it take this long to find Melly?  And will those responsible pay for what they did, Harrison thought as those questions continued to replay in his mind?

“Harrison, what if Elizabeth chooses not to let Kate and Sonny into her life”, Alexandra asked worried about her daughter losing Elizabeth all over again?

“Alex, I would think that Kate as well as Sonny would take whatever Elizabeth was willing to give”, Harrison told his daughter in law.

“Antonio was wrong to do what he did all those years ago”.  “I still would like to know where he got the idea that Kate having Melly was disgracing the family name”, Alexandra stated.

“Alex, I don’t know either”, Harrison said.

Elizabeth’s Hospital Room:

“Elizabeth, your grandmother and great grandfather will be here in about 45 minutes”, Kate told her daughter.

“What if they don’t accept me momma”, Elizabeth asked worriedly?  “The Webbers never accepted me for me”.  “I don’t know if I could take anymore rejection”.

“Liz, maybe I should tell you about your grandma Alex and gr. Grandfather Harrison”, Kate said.

“Your nana is so accepting”.  “She has loved me despite my faults, and I do have faults”, Kate said laughing a little.

“She put up with my father’s crap for years”.  “She will accept you for you, if you’re willing to give her a chance”.  “My mother is anything but perfect”.  “She has flaws and faults too”.  

“I’m willing”, Elizabeth said.

“And as for your great grand-dad, he is as stubborn as you are”.  “He had to fight to get everything he has”.  “He started his business from the ground up, and has fought hostile takeovers with grace”.  “You’ll love him, and he’ll love you”, Kate said with a grin.

“Sonny, Kate; I feel that I should explain my family”.  “Jeff is my stepson”.  “When his mother, Helene, died; Steve brought Jeff to live with us”.  “Steve was not perfect by a long shot, but he in part is partly responsible for Jeff’s behavior”.  “Steve spoiled him, by giving whatever he wanted”.   “I did my best to rein Jeff in but, I guess I failed”.   “As for Diana, I have realized that Steve and I never really knew much about her”.  “When Jeff brought her to meet us, they were already married, and they did give much information away”.   “I wish now that I have taken the initiative, and had her investigated”, Audrey admitted sadly.

“Jeff and Diana always treated Elizabeth as an afterthought”.  “Even when she was attacked a few years ago, they never came”.  “Sarah has always been queen bee to them”.  “Steve always hoped that they would come to their senses”, Audrey said.  

“I guess that is part of the reason that when they abandoned her on our doorstep, Steve and I had finally had enough”.  “That is why, we fought to get custody”, Audrey said.

“Grams, their treatment of me started at the beginning”.  “Sarah was always the bee’s knees; while Steven and I didn’t rate or matter to them”, Liz said.

“I mean, they abandoned me on your doorstep when I was 5 years old for Pete’s sake”.  “I will never make excuses for them again”, Liz stated.

“Neither will I dear”, Audrey said.  “I am glad that Steve isn’t here to see this”.  “He would do more than just chew them out”.

45 minutes later:

Sonny had sent Milo to pick up the Falconeri’s at the airport, and they would be arriving shortly.  Sonny watched as Kate paced the floor in the hallway outside their daughter’s room.

Kate had been waiting for her mom and grandfather in the hall; when she saw them get off the elevator she called out:

“Mom”, Kate said.

“We’re here Kate, where is my granddaughter”, Alexandra asked?

“She’s right inside but, she’s scared that you won’t accept her for her; warts and all”, Kate said.

“Katie, Harrison said to his grandchild”.  “None of us are perfect, we just are”.  “She’ll always be accepted”.

“How did this happen”, Alexandra asked her daughter?

“Sonny, I, and few others will explain later”.  “We are going to wait until Elizabeth is healed enough to go home”.  “She’s had so much drama in the last couple of days, I just want her better, and don’t want to stress her out more by everyone expecting a explanation right now”.

“Elizabeth”, Kate asked as she opened the door?  “Is it okay for your grandmother Alexandra and great grandfather Harrison to come in”?

“It’s okay mom”, Liz said.

“Elizabeth, I am going to go and check in with Alan and Monica about a few things”, Audrey said after meeting Alexandra and Harrison.  “I’ll be by later”.

“Jason, take good care of our girl”; she said as she left.

She knew that even with Kate and Sonny in the room with Liz, Jason wouldn’t leave.

“Elizabeth, I would like you to meet your grandmother Alexandra”, Kate said.

“Hi grandma”, Elizabeth said.

“Elizabeth, I am so happy”.  “I have waited 19 years for this day”.  “And I know that you’re worried that I won’t accept you, but you have nothing to worry about”, Alexandra told her granddaughter.

“Elizabeth, I would like you to meet your great grandfather Harrison”, Kate stated.  

“Grand-dad, this is your great grandchild Elizabeth”, Kate said.

“Elizabeth, I am old and set in my ways; but I would never turn you away for who you are”, Harrison said.

“I love you both”, Elizabeth told them.

Kate blew out a breathe she didn’t know she’d been holding.  All would be all right.  Then she introduced Sonny and Jason to her family.  Then Alexandra and Harrison got to know Elizabeth as well as Jason.

Unknown phone conversation-----
        Unknown Location in Port Charles:

“We have a problem”.

“The only problem you will have is if Elizabeth Webber is still alive”!

“We have been unable to get near her”.

Why?

“Because, she’s being heavily guarded”.

“By whom”?

“Sonny Corinthos, Jason Morgan and the PCPD”.

“And she’s got some visitors that are high profile”.

“Who”?

“A Senator Alexandra Falconeri, and a Harrison Falconeri”.

“Dammit, what did I do to deserve this”?

“What do you want us to do”?

“I want you to do what I hired you to do”.  “Wait for an opening and end her life”, the caller said and then ends the call as someone else enters the room.

“What is wrong honey”?

“Just some trouble at work, don’t worry about it”.

“Okay let’s go to dinner”.

Port Charles Police Department:

“Mac, we’ve got absolutely nothing”.  “Whoever hired them had vanished along with the rest of the crew”.  “And we aren’t any closer to finding out who’s responsible”, Taggart said pissed off.

“Elizabeth deserves answers, and she may never get them”, Taggart said.

“I know Marcus”.  “I have no intention of letting this end up as a cold case”, Mac said.

Chechnya, Russia:

“NOW, Diana”; Jeff yelled again.

“What do you want to know”, Diana asked; knowing that once she told him, he’d be complicit too.  And Jose’ had told her that if the authorities ever found out, he’d make Jeff the scapegoat.  She wasn’t about to lose her husband. She’d worked too hard to make him fall for her.

“How’d you find out that Elizabeth was at that hospital”, Jeff demanded?

“There is a gentleman that I have known for years, his name is Jose Ramirez”.  “He contacted me 4 months after we were arguing about adopting”, Diana said flatly.

“He demanded that I help him and an associate of his, a man by the name of Watson Darnell; and he told me that if I didn’t help him, that he would ruin me”, Diana said.

“What did he have on you”, Jeff demanded to know?

“WHAT DID HE HAVE ON YOU”, Jeff yelled again?

“That I had worked my way through med school as a high priced call girl”, Diana said not one bit ashamed of herself.

“What the hell”, Jeff questioned?

“Why”, he asked?

“Because I made way more that way instead of waiting tables”, she said.

“What did this Ramirez person want”?

“WHAT DID HE WANT”, Jeff asked yet again?

“There was a young man that he wanted to come to work for him, and he was interested in the young man’s girlfriend”.  “But he kept refusing the offers and the girlfriend despised him”.  “So, Jose said he’d found a way to make it impossible for him to say no”, Diana said.

“And how was he going to do that”, and what did this Darnell man have to do with it, Jeff asked not liking the direction that this was going?

“HOW”, he asked again?

“By making sure their infant child disappeared”, Diana said.

“What did they want with this child”?

“WHAT DID THEY WANT WITH THE BABY DIANA”, Jeff demanded?

I was told that the baby was supposed to disappear to punish the young man for his insolence towards Mr. Darnell, Diana said.

“And what were you supposed to do”?

“DAMMIT DIANA, WHAT WERE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO”, Jeff yelled?

“I was told by Jose and Watson that I was to take the child, and do with it as I wanted”, she said.  “But I was to make sure that no one found out who she was”.

“But why not place her with a loving family”, Diana?

“ANSWER ME DIANA”, Jeff yelled starting to lose his patience with her?

“Because I wanted another child”.  “I wanted to love her, but she just kept fighting me, making it impossible to mold her to be like me,  and started to look nothing like us”, Diana said flatly.

“So you just neglected her, and got me doing it as well, and treated her like nothing”.  “What about Steven, unfortunately with him you can’t use that excuse”.  “You treated him just as badly”, Jeff said?

“With Steven, he was at least your child biologically Jeff”.  “Elizabeth wasn’t and I just couldn’t get past the fact that she didn’t look like Sarah or me”, Diana said.

“What did you expect, you took her from people who probably looked nothing like you or Sarah”, Jeff stated rather smugly.

“Well my dear wife, I hope that you realize that your life is in real danger now”, Jeff stated.

“Why”, Diana questioned?

“Because, that child that you so conveniently took and brought home; then abused and neglected, and then always claimed was your daughter; is dating the enforcer of one of the biggest men in the mob on the US Eastern Seaboard”.  “And his boss is friends with her”.  “She is under their protection”.  “You can no longer run from this, and I will not let you”, Jeff said.

“You can’t stop me, and you’re just as complicit in this as I am”, Diana stated.  “I go down, you go down too”.

“I’m going to take that chance”, Jeff said as he stopped her from leaving.

He knew that to keep her there, he would have to sedate her.  And he was going to do what he needed to do, and he would face the consequences later.

He then sedated his wife and locked her in their room.  He then called a friend of his that would be able to help.  He had to hope that once his friend heard everything that he would help.

Quantico, Virginia------

NCIS Headquarters:

“Gibbs, what”, Jethro stated gruffly?

“Rude as always Leroy”, Jeff said.

“Jeff, good to hear from you”, Gibbs said.

“Jethro, I need to see you; but you’re going to have to come to me”.  “I need your help”, Jeff stated.

Port Charles:

Elizabeth had been getting to know Alexandra, who told Liz that she could call her nana.  Alexandra had fallen in love with her grandbaby.

Harrison had also gotten to know Elizabeth.  He was very proud of his great granddaughter.  Harrison and Alexandra had asked if they had any leads on who would want to hurt Liz.  Sonny and Jason had told them that local law enforcement was working on it.

Elizabeth’s Room @ GH------

“Can I come in”, Dante asked?

“Sure”, Liz said.

“Elizabeth, you have to know; had I known, I would have told you”, Dante said.

“All that matters big brother is that we know now”, Liz said with a smile.

“I never stopped looking, I couldn’t”.  “I know that we aren’t twins but I always felt there was a part of me missing”, Dante said.

“You do know that now that I have you back, I’m going to be a very over-protective big brother”, Dante stated.

“That’s okay, I won’t complain”, Liz said before giving him a hug.

“Well, I need to head to the station”.  “I’ll come by later”, Dante said and then he left for work.

Sweetheart, I’m going to take your grandma and great grandpa to the PC Hotel so that they can get some rest, Kate told her daughter.  I love you and we’ll be back later.

After Kate, Alexandra and Harrison left; Jason and Elizabeth were just talking about setting a date for their wedding when the guard popped his head in and asked is Miss Webber was up for visitors?

Kennebunkport, Maine:

“Boss, are you sure that Ramirez and the Webber woman will keep their mouths shut about what happened”?

“They’d better, if they want to live”, Darnell stated sinisterly.

“You would think that Ramirez would not want his part in what happened publicized”.

“He wouldn’t, but people change as the years go by”.  “I will have to contact him, and remind him of the penalty for crossing me”, Darnell said.

Elizabeth’s Room @ GH:
Unfortunately the press had gotten wind of the shooting and had been hounding her and Kate for interviews.  So the guards had been extra vigilant in keeping them away.

“Who is it Milo”, Liz asked?

“And please call me Elizabeth”, Liz said rolling her eyes.

“Yes, Miss Elizabeth”, Milo said.

“Its Bobbie Spencer with Michael, Morgan, Lucas and Josslyn”, Milo informed them.

“Let them in Milo, I’m up to visitors”, Elizabeth said.

“How are you doing sweetie”, Bobbie asked?

“I’m doing okay”, Liz answered.

“These are for you”, Michael said as he gave his sister the flowers they’d bought at the gift shop.  “They’re from all of us”, he said.

“Thank you guys, they’re beautiful”, Liz said.

They stayed for about 10 minutes chatting and then they left to go to the movies.  And as they were leaving Olivia and her nieces and nephew walked in.

“Hi Auntie Elizabeth”, Hayden said.

“Hi squirt”, Liz said to her niece.

“Come here guys and get your hugs and kisses”, Liz said with a smile.

Jason and Olivia helped the kids get their hugs and kisses.  Then the kids gave Liz the flowers, card and stuffed monkey that they had gotten her.

“Steven said to tell you that he’ll drop by later on his break”, Olivia told her sister in law.

“Liz, we’re going to go”.  “Bobbie called and invited us to go with her and the kids to the film in the park”, Olivia said.

“Okay”, Liz said.  “Have fun you guys and be good for your mom”.

“Bye Mr. Jason”, they all said as the scurried out the door.

As soon as Olivia and the kids had gone, Jason climbed up on the bed with Elizabeth, being careful not to jostle her injuries, to snuggle.  He had really been afraid he was going to lose her.

“How are you feeling really”, Jason asked her?

“Really sore, but I’ll live”, Liz said holding his hand.  “I know that what happened really scared you Jason, but I’m going to be okay”.

Soon there was another knock at the  door.  Jason knew that it has to be someone on the approved list, or Milo would have asked about the visitor.

“May we come in”, Alexis asked as she peeked in?

“Yeah, it’s okay”, Elizabeth said.

“How are you doing”, Alexis asked worried about her young friend?

“I’m doing okay, I am going to be sore for a while, but I’ll be okay”, Liz states.
“I’m still dealing with everything that I’ve found out about the Webbers, and about Sonny and Kate being my parents”, Liz explained.

“It’s a lot to process”, Alexis said.  “We’re all here if you need us”, Alexis said.

“The flowers are from Mac and I”, Alexis told her.

“The chocolate is from Georgie and I”, Maxie said.

“Here Miss Lizbeth”, Kristina said as she handed Elizabeth a stuffed alligator that was so cute.  “This is from me and Molly”.

“From Molly and I”, Alexis corrected.

Mac said that he would stop by later, in an unofficial capacity of course, Alexis said

“We are gonna go, we are meet in everyone at the park to watch the movie”, Georgie said with a big grin.

“Okay”, Liz said laughing.  “I’ll see you later”.

“Bye”, the five of them said as they walked out the door.

“At this rate, I’m going to end up with my own Stuffed Animal Zoo”, Elizabeth said giggling.  “But I’ll love it and enjoy the chocolate”.

“Would you like to say hi to your Aunt Liz Emma”, Robin asked as she walked in with the 1 yr old?

“I thought I’d bring her by before I started my shift”, Robin said as she handed Emma to Jason.  “Patrick said to send his love; he’s in surgery right now”.  “Emma, give Aunt Liz a kiss”, Robin said.

Liz gave Emma a hug and kiss, and then Robin left to take Emma to daycare.

Silence passed in quiet companionship between the two, the Liz asked:  “Do you think dad has found Jeff and Diana”?

“I’m not sure but when he comes back we can ask”, Jason said all the while not letting Elizabeth go.

Twenty minutes after Liz had been brought lunch by the guards, which was from Kelly’s, Karen and the kids asked to come in.

“How are you Miss Elizabeth”, Lindsay asked her favorite sitter?

“I’m okay sweetie”, Liz said giving all three kids hugs.

David then handed Liz a card and a stuffed hippo, and said: “these are from us”.

“Frank said to tell you  that he’d stop by later”, Karen said.

“We need to go kids, I need to drop you at Grandma Mary’s”, Karen said; then they were off.

As they were leaving, Kevin Lucy and Serena arrived, giving hugs, candy and a stuffed duck.

“How are you really”, Kevin asked knowing that Elizabeth had been through hell the last few years and tended to take it all into herself and hold it in saying that she was fine?

“I really don’t know how to feel”.  “I am pissed at Diana, she took me out of the hospital”.  “And as for Jeff, he covered for her, I just can’t understand that; I need answers but I’m not sure that I’ll ever get them”, Liz said.

“I hope that you’ll be up to helping with the Nurse’s Ball, when the time comes”, Lucy asked?

“I think I’ll be okay but we’ll have to see”, Liz told Lucy.  

“Well we’re going to go and let you get some rest”, Kevin said and they left.

“Hi Miss Liz, Mr. Jason”: Mackenzie and Eli said as they and Chloe walked into the room.

“Hi”, both Jason and Liz said to the trio.

“The flowers are from Jax and I”, Chloe said.

“They’re beautiful and thank you”, Liz said.

“And these are from Eli and I”, Mackenzie said as she and Eli handed Liz a rhino and a manatee.

“I love them”, Liz said with a little giggle.

“We’re going to head out, Bobbie invited the kids to go to the movies”, Chloe said and Jax will be by later.  “He was on a conference call with Ned”.

Then Chloe and the kids zipped out the door.

Then AJ and family arrived.  As McKenzie and the kids gave Liz the flowers, card and stuffed giraffe, whale and pink flamingo; AJ visited with Jason.

“How are you holding up Jason”, AJ asked?

“I was so scared I was going to lose her AJ, and it had nothing to do with Sonny or myself”.  “This was someone who wanted to hurt Liz”, Jason said.

“How’s she doing with the news about Sonny and Kate”, AJ asked?

“She’s handling it”.  “I know that she’s angry with the Webbers”, Jason said.

“Well, we just came by to say hi, and so that the kids could see that Liz was really okay; we might come by again later”, AJ said as they headed out.

As Jason and Liz were lying in her hospital bed, Elizabeth’s cell phone rang.

Hello, Liz said as she answered.

Liz, it’s me Brennan, her friend said.

Brennan, I haven’t heard from you in quite a while, what’s wrong, Elizabeth asked her childhood friend?

Elizabeth had met Brennan in Colorado when she was a baby.  Her babysitter was Brannan mom.  And Liz and Brennan had been friends ever since.  They had lost touch for a while, but always called one another when possible.

Nothing, I heard about you, and mom said to call and see how you were, Brennan told her.  Mom said to see if you would mind if I came out to visit within the next month or so?

No, I would love for you to come, Liz said.  And Brennan; I ‘m okay.  Yes, I was shot, but I healing and I will be completely fine.  

Okay, Brennan said.  I will let you go, and I’ll let you know when I’m coming out; Brennan said and ended the call.

A/N: time may pass quickly during chapters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://simplyliason.forumotion.com

Chapter Six
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1